Omnitele is a leading telecommunications consultancy, that supports mobile operators, network providers, regulators, and users alike in designing and extracting the maximum value out of their mobile networks. Omnitele was founded in 1988 to set-up world’s first GSM network, and since then we have delivered over 2000 projects across over 100 countries around the world. We provide transparent, objective, big-data-driven analysis that drives tangible business benefits.
Omnitele AI Solutions builds on the heritage of Omnitele and adds cutting edge AI and ML capabilities, combining telecoms engineering best practises with the modern data science.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join as a cornerstone of our Omnitele AI Solutions team
We have seen unprecedented interest in our AI solutions, and are excited of the unlimited possibilities. We are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team and taking an active role in shaping the future of our AI solutions offering. We work on a global scale with some of the biggest players in the industry, and can provide a front line opportunity in being part of the success story. Our motivated and driven team believe in meritocracy, collaboration, and in delivering real customer benefits without forgetting to have fun.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will complement our analytics solutions development team. You will be working alongside our data scientists, analysts, and telecom engineers, being jointly responsible in developing solutions to support mobile operators’ technology strategy, network design & performance optimisation, customer experience and customer value assurance. Our projects often involve handling large amounts of network and customer data, building statistical models, automating the solutions, and creating interactive user interfaces. Our office is located in Helsinki, yet remote working is available. You have an option to travel to interesting customer assignments around the world, yet the travel is not mandatory.
You have already have the following:
- Versatile problem-solving mindset equipped with deep and wide general knowledge in mathematics and statistics
- Proficiency in cleaning and analyzing data, building statistical models and developing high-performing algorithms (preferably Python)
- Dashboarding and creating visually appealing presentations (preferably via code, but experience with BI tools is a benefit)
- Hunger to learn new things
Knowledge in the following fields:
- Data engineering experience
- General level knowledge in Telecom data analytics or mobile network technologies (LTE/5G)
You have good written and spoken English
You as a person:
· You can be M.Sc. or B.Sc. level education on Data Science, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, or equivalent, but even more importantly you can show us your data science work references (e.g. Github)
· You are highly motivated in developing your skills in the fields listed above, even if some of the fields are not yet your strongest competence
· You are a person who stands behind your promises, has good team working and communication skills and is eager to help your colleagues and customers
We offer you a stimulating, professional working environment, opportunity to have a meaningful contribution to the development of Omnitele AI solutions and to the success of our customers, a window to the latest developments in the telecom industry, as well as competitive renumeration.
If you feel you are the talent we are looking for, please apply online and send your application with CV and salary request by 16. July 2021. For further details, please contact Rauno Huoviala, Head of AI Solutions (email@example.com or +358 40 554 6343).