The 4th Annual Mobile Network Optimisation Summit (Dubai) 30.5.-2.6.2010
Omnitele appeared at the 4th Annual Mobile Network Optimization Summit held at Dubai, UAE.
Omnitele hosted a half-day interactive workshop and gave a presentation at the Summit.
The topic of the workshop was Managing your network QoS, CAPEX and OPEX when outsourcing its design. The key points of the workshop included:
- Understanding how and why operator approaches to outsourced network design vary
- Evaluating the role of network design in managing CAPEX, OPEX and quality
- Identifying and overcoming the challenges to the strategy-design-deployment process when the design is outsourced
- Examining the pros and cons of different outsourcing setups
- Discussion on typical roles between operator and outsourcing partner
- Implementing a design that works well – how can you measure this?
The topic of the presentation was Examining alternative radio access technology strategies for improved mobile data performance. The key points of the presentation included:
- What is the end user performance of current baseline HSPA networks?
- What are the near future performance challenges of operators’ mobile data networks?
- What are the operators’ options for network capacity and user data rate improvement?
- What are the real world gains from the available improvement methods?
- How to valuate the achievable gains and determine the most feasible technology strategies?