MECOM 2010 (Abu Dhabi) 17-19.5.2010
Mr. Sampsa Laamanen, Principal Consultant and Head of Business Consulting gave a presentation on Demands, drivers and strategy for mobile network evolution. The presentation stated the Omnitele view on the topics, following the contents listed below.
- Mobility demand is increasing, leading to data traffic surge in mobile networks.
- Data ARPU in many markets independent of service use.
- Tools to satisfy the demand are many: new sites, new network technologies, new radio frequencies, network optimisation etc.
- CAPEX trap: a few “bandwidth bandits” may use most of capacity, driving profitability to the red.
- What should a mobile network operator do to create a winning network evolution strategy?